Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Nursery Inspiration - Baby Girl

Today I wanted to share some sweet nursery inspiration with you.  We don't know what we're having yet, but having a little girl already, it's all I know so far! I'll be starting off with some baby girl nursery inspiration, followed by baby boy nursery ideas next.  

Currently the future nursery is occupied by our cat, Annabelle, and office furniture - aka everything we don't use gets piled in there...as in I'm not sharing pictures because I'd be embarrassed.  We told Olivia that the baby will be living in Annabelle's room, which she replied "that's really vierd..." I almost died with her little toddler accent and judgmental looks.  She also knows that she'll be giving the baby her crib and she'll be getting a big girl bed.  She now asks everyday if we're going shopping for her big girl bed ;) We thought about having Santa bring her one, but there's so much excitement around the holidays that we may do it closer to Valentine's day so it's less overwhelming. Also, let's be honest... I don't need a "Hi Mommy!" at 6am in my face instead of hearing it on the monitor quite yet.  Thanks to my mom for pointing that out. Seasoned parenting win.  The office is smaller than Olivia's room so I'd like to move her dresser in there as well as it's bigger and more practical to use in a nursery but we'll have to measure to make sure everything isn't too tight.  


I'm thrilled to be partnering with Spoonflower for part of the room's wall design and depending on whether the baby is a girl or a boy will determine which route we take.  Going with a girl theme, the floral wallpaper above is one that I love!  I would pair it with pale pink walls and pink crib sheets.  We're using the same rocker as Olivia had, which is a great gender neutral gray.  I also love the look of barn doors to add rustic touch to the room, which I think would be really fun! Overall, what I'm looking for is a mix of pinks, grays, and whites to create a soothing, yet girlie area for our new baby.  

Up next is my baby boy nursery ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.