Thursday, November 12, 2015

16 Weeks - Baby Update

Today marks 16 weeks with baby number two.  Tomorrow we're headed to the doctor to check the baby's growth and we'll be able to see if the baby is a boy or girl.  Normally, they would wait until 20 weeks for another ultrasound, but since the baby was measuring ahead of schedule they are checking to see growth progression and if my due date is accurate.  I'm SO excited!  Instead of finding out at the appointment, I'll be asking them to write it down and seal it in an envelope.  Then the big gender reveal plans will get started!  I'm thrilled that Freshly Picked will be doing our gender reveal for us and they'll know what it is before we do!  We'll be having a small get together mid-week next week to reveal blue or pink moccs...super excited!  Can't wait to share with all of you!

With Olivia, I was good about weekly updates and posts...now with baby two it's basically when I get a chance (or remember) #sorrybaby #secondchild oops ;)


How far along:  16 weeks

Gender Prediction: Girl...I've been feeling very similar to when I had Olivia so we'll see!

Maternity Clothes:  Not yet, still wearing my regular jeans and tops...although that may change soon as I'm starting to pop out a little

Cravings:  Nothing too crazy... still loving grapefruit and anything shrimp related.  Although I did start texting Rob at work around 8am yesterday to decide what he wanted for dinner...as if I was starving and would never eat again. 

Aversions:  I can't even look at/think about anything Asian based.  The thought of lettuce wraps literally makes me gag.  I can barely type the words! Random, I know but some of you have asked for my lettuce wrap recipe and I just can't even think about it.  Also, anything with ginger, stir fry, literally anything like that I can't even stomach the thought.  

Missing the most:  Probably a good deli sandwich and some sushi... and sleep.

Sleep:  I feel like I'm more sleep deprived than when Olivia was a newborn.  I don't know what is wrong with me?!? I wake up for hours and hours at a time throughout the night and I'm up between 5 and 6 for the day, which makes for a loooong day with a toddler!

Overall health:  Overall, feeling pretty good.  I've had a sore throat that will hopefully be on it's way out soon and very tired, but feeling much better than first trimester.  


So excited to share our gender news with you soon!  Be sure to follow along with me on Instagram (@thebirdsnestblog) for all of the updates! XO 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.