Thursday, August 27, 2015

Blogger Meet & Mingle || Mother Stressor

 

It's Meet & Mingle day! Every week I'm sharing some of my favorite girlfriends and their blogs.  This is a great opportunity to see who's "behind the blog" and to get to know other bloggers.  Today, I'm so happy to share Alicia from Mother Stressor with you! Hope you enjoy getting to know her more with all of her answers to some fun behind-the-blog questions!



Your blog name & it’s significance

My blog name is "Mother Stressor", which sounds like mother effer... I don't usually use curse words but I do get stressed out a lot, so I mumble things like Dangit and mother eff! And son of a gun. Lol. 

My blog site is "StressedButStillSmiling.blogspot.com" so I also use Stressed But Still Smiling a lot. I write mostly about trying to find humor in stressful mommy situations so I try to focus on smiling through the stress, and helping others do the same. I also challenge moms to take #stressedbutstillsmilingSelfies ... Which I repost on my Instagram to help show that it's possible to smile through the craziness that is motherhood! 

Tell us a little about your family

My hubby and I met when in high school and have had our fair share of ups and downs. But fifteen years after meeting, we are happily married with three beautiful daughters, who are 11, 8 and 2 years old. We are a blended family, but I go into more detail on that in my blog :) We love hanging out in our backyard, watching movies together, going out for frozen yogurt and walks, making ridiculous dubsmash videos together, and playing board games. Our absolute favorite place to go is Disneyland! 


Currently in my shower [favorite beauty products]...

Dove exfoliating bar! And I love my tuel face wash system! Also, and I know this sounds crazy.. But Vaseline, and Apple cider vinegar! Not together... I use Vaseline for everything.. Soft lips, soft skin, removing eye make up. And I drink 2-3 tsps of apple cider three times a day for clear skin and lots of energy! 

I never leave the house without...

Mini Vaseline (I HATE having dry lips/skin! Totally freaks me out!), gum, cell phone... Mainly for my gps and to add thoughts and notes to my notepad... I'm the worst ever at finding my way and if I don't write something down/type it out the second I think of it, it's gone for good! (Mommy brain!) 

First thing you do when you have 5 minutes to yourself

Check social media, read a book, work on homework. Oh, and use the bathroom peacefully.

Favorite cupcake

Funfetti! And chocolate. Gimme all the chocolate. 

Top three baby items you’d recommend to new moms 

A good, comfy nighttime nursing bra! It doesn't have to be an expensive brand, I got my favorite one from Target! 

Boppy pillow... The real brand, not a knock off. I got a knock off brand first and it was not enough support at all!

And some sort of wrap/sling. I didn't use one with my babies because my babies are huge and I didn't find one that felt supportive or comfortable enough. I'd love to find one that works for me with our next baby! 
 
Currently obsessed with…

Iced coffee. Iced coffee all day!! And cucumber water. And kindof The Bachelorette, because this season is like a trainwreck... I can't look away even though I want to. 
Top three meals you make for your family

Sauteed Salmon

Spaghetti...They'd eat it every night if I let them.

Chicken...All kinds. Grilled or baked is our go to though. 

Every meal has some sort of fruit or veggie as a side, that's my rule!

Favorite blog & why 

I really like Baby Boy Bakery, because she's honest, raw and full of faith even in the dark time that she is going through. I also like alovingspoon.com because I love following the amazing adoption story of a member of my church who also has great healthy advice and is a dedicated woman of God. I also like reading thrilledbythethought.com, because it's beautifully written and relatable stories of motherhood. 

Social Media Links:



Instagram: @stressedbutstillsmiling 
 
Pinterest: @alicia209


Thank you so much for sharing a slice of your life with us, Alicia! I just love learning about who's behind the blog...so fun, right?! Be sure to pop over to her blog and visit her social media links and follow along! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If you'd like to be featured for a Meet & Mingle, please contact me at thebirdsnestblogger@gmail.com.  Feel free to grab a button while you're here. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.