Monday, August 31, 2015

Blogger Meet & Mingle || Frost on the Vine

 

It's Meet & Mingle day! Every week I'm sharing some of my favorite girlfriends and their blogs.  This is a great opportunity to see who's "behind the blog" and to get to know other bloggers.  Today, I'm so happy to share Heather from Frost on the Vine with you! Hope you enjoy getting to know her more with all of her answers to some fun behind-the-blog questions!

Your blog name & its significance
I started FrostontheVine.com this past April. During that time, I would wake up early to go walking and I would watch the sun melt the frost from the foliage…such a pretty transition. Frost really only occurs twice a year; fall & spring. It symbolizes change for me. As hard as it can be sometimes, I strive to accept change and find adaptability. It seems to be an underlying theme for me. 


How did you meet your significant other?

I’m a leasing manager for a townhome community in Upstate New York. For my first two years, this really sweet southerner, who was up north for his job, would come into my office for rent receipts, to pilfer paperclips, and to ask me to fax things for him.  I was more than happy to oblige. I just thought he was the nicest, most handsome tenant…scratch that…man I’d ever met…and then finally he asked me out to dinner. My jaw dropped. We’re not supposed to fraternize with tenants so I tried to politely get out of it by telling him I had other plans. It didn’t work. It was obvious that he wasn’t going to leave my office without a date. Today, I am happier than I ever thought possible. I love him with all of my heart and we’ll be together two years August 2nd.

Oh…and he’s since moved out, so I’m not breaking any rules anymore. lol


Currently in my shower [favorite beauty products]...
Any of the Shea Moisture bars. I have temperamental skin and this stuff is great. You can find it online or at CVS.

I never leave the house without...
My phone charger! Yes…I fear that disconnected to the world feeling when my phone dies.

First thing you do when you have 5 minutes to yourself
Only 5 minutes?  I usually check my social media but its funny how 5 minutes can turn into 30 when you’re lost on the net.


Favorite cupcake

GGrrrrr…I am currently doing a 31 day reboot challenge. I’m refraining from eating anything that comes in a package. I’m pretty much sticking to produce and eggs…just about any cupcake is my favorite cupcake right now…and the more frosting the better!!

What is your favorite time of year?

I love autumn. I just love carving pumpkins, and the air when it just starts to get brisk, and turning the heat on for the first time. I just love everything about that little pocket of time. Especially Halloween. I’m a big Halloween freak!



Currently obsessed with…

Succulents!!! I’m really into them right now. I recently blogged about them.

Top three meals you make for your family
Fried chicken, lasagna, and aglio e olio are my go to’s but I really want to get a recipe for Puerto Rican rice and beans down pat. My Aunt Wanda would always make that when she came to visit and we just went nuts over it.

Favorite blog & why 

I have so many favorite blogs!! Probably my favorite is ChaChingonaShoeString.com. I’ve been following it long before I decided to join the blogging community. Kaley has the best coupons and deal alerts around. Definitely worth checking out!
Social Media Links:

Blog -  http://frostonthevine.com

Instagram - @frost_on_the_vine 

Facebook - http://frostonthevine.com


Thank you so much for sharing a slice of your life with us, Heather! I just love learning about who's behind the blog...so fun, right?! Be sure to pop over to her blog and visit her social media links and follow along! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If you'd like to be featured for a Meet & Mingle, please contact me at thebirdsnestblogger@gmail.com.  Feel free to grab a button while you're here. ;)

1 comment:

  1. What an honor to be featured here! Thank you Kaitlyn! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.