Monday, July 27, 2015

Meet & Mingle || The Mangia Mom


It's Meet & Mingle day! Every week I'm sharing some of my favorite girlfriends and their blogs.  This is a great opportunity to see who's "behind the blog" and to get to know other bloggers.  This week, I'm so happy to share Nata from The Mangia Mom with you!  I just love her blog and she has some great recipes and the cutest kids! Being from an Italian family myself, her recipes are right up my alley!  Can't wait for you to get to know her more, too! 




Your blog name & it’s significance
 I was looking for a name to best describe me and my blog in one. First and foremost in life, I am a mom. I am a mom that loves everything about food...especially the part when you get to eat! My parents are Italian immigrants, and "Mangia" means "eat" in Italian. So "The Mangia Mom" seemed most appropriate!



Tell us a little about your family

I am married to my husband of 7 years, Angelo. His parents are also Italian immigrants, and no, our marriage was not arranged! We met through a mutual friend 11 years ago.


We have two beautiful children. Mia, 5, is our feisty, incredibly smart, and strong-willed girl!


Matteo, 3, is our super loveable, sensitive, and musical little boy!


They made me a mama.


It's nearly impossible for us to get a good family picture. 3 out of 4 of us are looking, so it's a good one...



Currently in my shower [favorite beauty products]...

I love my Biolage shampoo and conditioner. My hair is color treated and gets super dry and hard to comb through after washing. This stuff is a great moisturizer and helps detangle my hair!

I never leave the house without...

My water bottle! I make sure to drink a lot of water throughout the day and my water bottle comes with me everywhere! It was my first featured item in "Mangia Mom's Must-have Monday" (mmmMonday) and something I always have by my side! 

First thing you do when you have 5 minutes to yourself

Breathe! Lay down, put my feet up, check social media, and jot down blog ideas!

Favorite cupcake

I have to admit, I'm not much of a sweet tooth! However, I do love a moist chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting! When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was obsessed with Starbucks' red velvet cupcakes! 

Top three baby items you’d recommend to new moms 

Sleep sacks, baby swing, lullaby CDs.

Currently obsessed with…

Kale! I have been obsessed for a couple of years now, and I am pretty sure this obsession is long-term! It was another "mmmMonday" item and I blogged different kale recipes ideas throughout that week. It's definitely an obsession!

Top three meals you make for your family

1.  Chicken Parm and Pasta made with my homemade pasta sauce



2. Mexican Chicken with Brown Rice



3. Macaroni & Cheese with Peas



Favorite blog & why 

Mix and Match Mama. I love how she "mixes and matches" her recipes to make different, revamped meals! She has tons of slow cooker ideas, too, which are always great for us busy moms!

Social Media Links:



Thank you so much for sharing a slice of your life with us, Nata! I just love learning about who's behind the blog...so fun, right?! Be sure to pop over to her blog and visit her social media links and follow along! 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



If you'd like to be featured for a Meet & Mingle, please contact me at thebirdsnestblogger@gmail.com.  Feel free to grab a button while you're here. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.