Thursday, July 23, 2015

Meet & Mingle || Brea Getting Fit


It's Meet & Mingle day! Every week I'm sharing some of my favorite girlfriends and their blogs.  This is a great opportunity to see who's "behind the blog" and to get to know other bloggers.  This week, I'm so happy to share Brea from Brea Getting Fit  with you!  I just love her blog and she has some healthy recipes and shares about natural living.  Can't wait for you to get to know her more, too! 

Your blog name & it’s significance
My blog is called "Brea Getting Fit" because at the time that I started it, I was on a weight loss journey and had lost about 50 pounds. Unfortunately, after 2 kids and a very rough year, I'm back to needing to lose the weight again. The good thing about having done it before is knowing that it's possible! 

As I've grown, I've realized that fitness isn't just about exercise and what you eat (though that's super important!), but more about how you live your life, so I've shifted my focus slightly to reflect that and share some of my recipes, natural living, and other things that bring me joy. You can read more about me here: www.breagettingfit.com



Tell us a little about your family

I'm married to my best friend from high school...no, really. We've been friends since we were 15, though we didn't start dating until we were 25. I think we may have had the world's shortest courtship-we started dating and moved in together a month later. We were married that summer. In fact, we'll celebrate our 8th anniversary this August (don't do the math!). 

We have two wonderful boys, who I loving refer to as "Smalls" (a.k.a. "You're Killing Me, SMALLS!") and "The Baby." Last year, Smalls was diagnosed with a rare disease called Severe Aplastic Anemia. It was incredibly scary, and while he's more stable, he'll never be "well". We also added The Baby last summer during the craziness. We spent over 6 weeks in the hospital between the two of them. This summer has proven to be far less eventful, thankfully. 



Currently in my shower [favorite beauty products]...

Hmmmm...In my shower? I've got my Dr. Bronner's All-In-One Magic Soap, my homemade EO face wash (I'll be sharing my recipe this month because I'm pretty sure I finally got it right!), my Schick razor (I've been using them since I was a teen!) and Natural Instincts 0% Cleansing Conditioner. I'm pretty low-maintenance, I think.

I never leave the house without...

Putting on mascara. And my Ju Ju Be Hobobe. It's my LIFE in a bag. Diaper bag, purse, and sanity all in one. Plus, it's got anchors. I've got a thing for nautical prints. 

First thing you do when you have 5 minutes to yourself

Meditate. It sounds silly, but it really helps me to get centered and calm down either before bed or after a crazy day. I actually have a little meditation/prayer space set up in my bedroom with a nice fuzzy rug, a meditation bench, and some beautiful pieces of art. 

Favorite cupcake

All of them...or it used to be. I just finished my first Whole30 on June 30th, and I tried a brownie (gluten free, of course) afterward and HOLY COW was it sweet! I couldn't finish it. So I'm honestly not sure if I still have a favorite! Which is shocking to most because I have (had?) a notorious sweet tooth. 

Top three baby items you’d recommend to new moms 

1. Itzbeen timer. Seriously. It seems frivolous  but when you're tired and you're not sure which side you fed baby on last, or you can't remember how long they've been sleeping, you'll thank me. 

2. A maid. Yes, kind of extravagant, and not really a "baby" item, but as someone who recovered from 2 c-sections, it was awesome to have a maid come in and clean my house once a week. I had some friends and family pitch in to pay for 6 weeks of maid service, and it was amazing. If you can swing it, do it. 

3. The Miracle Blanket Baby Swaddle. This thing ROCKS. I totally suck at swaddling. Which is beyond frustrating when you're exhausted and your baby has busted the swaddle for the 8th time in 2 hours. Get a miracle blanket. It's one size, easy to figure out, and it WORKS. It was the ONLY swaddle that neither of my boys could get out of (and the only way I got any sleep in the first 6 months!). 



Currently obsessed with…

Outlander. Oh.My.Word. I read the first book, and just got hooked on the series because Comcast screwed up and offered to give me a free paid service for 3 months. So I've been binge watching and decided that I was born in the wrong century. THOSE CLOTHES!


Top three meals you make for your family

1. Spaghetti Squash and meatballs with pesto (the pesto recipe is on my blog and it's awesome). 

2. Eggs in Purgatory...which is basically a meat sauce topped with an egg and cooked in the oven. Sounds weird but don't knock it until you've tried it. Everyone gets excited when they see this on the menu. 

3. Breakfast for dinner. We eat a lot of eggs, and I love finding new ways to use them. I try to make a nice egg dish once a week. Lately, that's meant a savory frittata. YUM



Favorite blog & why 

Currently? I'm loving Ask Lauren Fleshman (http://asklaurenfleshman.com). I miss running, and I love her trainings and her writing style. She's very motivational. I do read a LOT of blogs on a daily basis, though. 

Social Media Links:



Thank you so much for sharing a slice of your life with us, Brea! I just love learning about who's behind the blog...so fun, right?! Be sure to pop over to her blog and visit her social media links and become a follower! 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



If you'd like to be featured for a Meet & Mingle, please contact me at thebirdsnestblogger@gmail.com.  Feel free to grab a button while you're here. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.