Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Our Long Weekend: Brunch + Parades + S'mores

Hi everyone! Hope you enjoyed your long weekend.  Ours was filled with fun activities and Olivia was exhausted from all the fun! On Saturday, I made a big brunch for us because Rob had to work all weekend so I love to spend some family time when we can. Also, any excuse for brunch is a good one.  We enjoyed chocolate croissants, scrambled eggs, maple bacon, berries and fresh grapefruit - Livvy's favorite! We also snuck in lots of naps this weekend...





On Sunday, we went to a BBQ in New Jersey at my dad's side of the family and she had a blast playing corn hole with my brother, also known as Uncle DoDo. 


On Monday, we went to our town's Memorial Day parade in the morning.  Last year, Olivia was terrified so I assumed she'd be over it as she's older now... I was wrong.  The poor thing started screaming as soon as she saw the firemen marching down the road.  We watched the entire parade from a safe distance, with the occasional "move back, Mommy" ;) 






Later that night, we had a BBQ at my sister's house and the girls had a great time running around and enjoyed s'mores and strawberry shortcake.  




I hope you all enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend as well! If you follow along on instagram: @thebirdsnestblog you can see more pictures as well as my favorite iced coffee recipe that is now in full swing as the temperatures are rising! XO 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.