Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Olivia's Colorful Princess Birthday Dinner


Hi friends!  We had a birthday dinner for Olivia on Sunday and she had a blast.  My parents, Rob's parents and my siblings came over later in the afternoon and we enjoyed some chips and homemade guacamole & a veggie platter followed by baked ziti, meatballs and an antipasto salad.  I made the baked ziti the night before and assembled everything a few hours before the party.  I love to set out platters and serving dishes ahead of time so I know where everything is going before the people-are-coming-in-an-hour-rush! 












Originally, I had planned a tea party theme for her but she decided to go with the princess theme.  It's her special day after all! We bought two bouquets of colorful flowers and split them up into small mason jars throughout the house.  I picked up some princess balloons and party supplies and it all came together nicely. She was really excited when she woke up from her nap and came downstairs to all of the decorations.  Her dress was from Macy's and I loved how it looked on her.  She looks like such a big girl to me now! 






Livvy and Brynnie played outside most of the afternoon with her water table and seesaw.  My parents bought her a picnic table, complete with an umbrella - so cute! She ran right over to it when she saw it. Both girls loved sitting under it and eating their dinner.  I can't wait to have picnics outside with them.  






After dinner we had ice cream cake, complete with princesses and it was delicious.  Olivia isn't much of a cake girl (who's child is this?!) so that was perfect for her because she loves ice cream. My sister had to go to work so we snuck in a quick picture before she left and the girls were covered with cake!  









Overall, we had a great time and I think she really enjoyed herself.  The night ended with a two year old covered in cake, sans bow ready to pass out from so much fun the past few days.  Hope you enjoyed a glimpse into Olivia's special birthday dinner. XOXO

***P.S. - Don't forget to enter my giveaway on Instagram! Follow me @thebirdsnestblog for more info on how to win a set of 2 personalized burp cloths from Threaded Linens.  Perfect baby gift, keepsake & more!  Ends Friday, May 8 at 8pm EST. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.