Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Hump Day Highlights || Cupcakes, Candles & Chalkboards

 

Hi Friends! It's another Hump Day Highlights - this week's edition (actually this was last week's but so much craziness and fun was happening so it's a week late;) is all about cupcakes, candles, and chalkboard art! Every Wednesday five other mommas and I list some things from the past week that we are loving, can't live without, are on our wishlists, or are things we are just plain obsessed with - and we will even add links so you can check out or scoop up anything you love, too. 


Your weekly hosts are MistyAprilShannonAmandaDanica, and me! We would love for you to add your post to our link up of the things you are loving this week, too. And please spread the love by following the other blogs in the link up/commenting on their posts. This is such a great way to meet like-minded mamas and make new friends, all while showing off your blog, too. The Hump Day Highlights weekly link up is going to be a blast, I hope you link up and follow along!
Yesterday was Olivia's second birthday and I can't believe she is TWO!! We had such a great day and I think she really enjoyed herself.  As a mom, I really want her to remember her birthdays as magical and special days for her.  I'll be sharing all of the details of our day tomorrow ;)  


As a special birthday treat, I made her these cupcakes and they were so good!  I loved the texture of the frosting and the flavor was so chocolatey - just perfect! On Sunday, we're doing a small party for her with my parents and Rob's parents so she'll have another cake to blow out more candles...the more wishes, the better right?! ;) 



I'm seriously in love with this candle from Bath and Body Works.  It's called "Happy" and it's a mix between daisies, greens, and a hint of jasmine.  Seriously, my favorite candle they make.  I'm almost done with it so I need to stock up when they have another sale.  To me, nothing smells better than spring and this captures it perfectly.  


{This was waiting for her when she came downstairs to open gifts}

We are almost done with the playroom and one of my favorite parts of the room is the huge chalkboard wall.  Livvy loves to draw on it and it's fun for me too! She's very stern on where the chalk goes, telling her cousin "no here!" if someone tries to draw on the wrong wall ;) I also found out on Pinterest how to clean it back to it's original, chalk-free state...Coca Cola! So crazy, right?!  You just dip a sponge or cloth into a small container of the soda and wipe away.  I was thinking that it would be sticky and not work, but it seriously cleans it up to it's original state! Don't mind me I'll just be hoarding soda in the garage... 




That's it for me this week! See you next Wednesday for more Hump Day Highlights! Click the next blog in the link up to head over and see their favorites, and don't forget to link up your blog below.  Grab our graphic, link back to one, some or all of us and add your link below! Also, follow along on Instagram (@thebirdsnestblog) #humpdayhighlights 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.