Sunday, April 26, 2015

BBQ Favorites || Entrees, Sides, and fun BBQ Tools

I love Sundays and I love big family barbecues.  Once the warmer weather hits, our dinners are mostly based around the grill - also read as I don't need to cook ;) I love to make yummy sides and enjoy the fresh air.  Olivia is crazy about bubbles and that keeps her busy on the patio while I'm getting things ready to eat.  We searched Pinterest for some homemade bubble ideas and honestly the best ones were dish soap and water! Daddies are the best at making homemade bubble wands ;)


Here are some yummy recipes that I wanted to share with you...


One of my favorite sides is grilled pineapple! I just bought this pineapple corer after seeing them use it on The Kitchen and it is seriously amazing.  I'm never cutting another pineapple again without this.  Not only is it super inexpensive but it also makes perfect rings - would be perfect for a party. It's the little things right?  I definitely recommend this tool. 

{@thebirdsnestblog}

I love pasta salad and it's so easy to make.  I normally throw a mix of olives, roasted peppers, artichokes, fresh parsley and basil, and whatever pasta you have together and toss it with a fresh vinaigrette or in a pinch I love Ken's honey balsamic dressing.  I also love grilled veggies, shrimp, or chicken if you're making it as the main dish.  Feta and fresh mozzarella are also great additions. 

{Source: The Pioneer Woman}

This grilled zucchini is so yummy.  I love lemon dishes and this one does not disppoint.  Pioneer Woman recipes are my favorite...so many yummy ones! This lemon zucchini is light and a great side for BBQs. 

{Source: Skinnytaste}

Shrimp skewers are my favorite and then pair it with lime...amazing.  These Grilled Cilantro Lime Shrimp Skewers look so good! Can't wait to try that recipe.  

A few other sides that I love to make include this cucumber salad - super fresh and vinegary, and grilled bread.  This grilled bread with feta and herb butter is definitely going on the next BBQ menu.  

What are some of your favorite BBQ foods?  Do you have a signature side? Please share! ;) XOXO 


1 comment:

  1. That pasta salad looks amazing Kaitlyn! I'll definitely have to try it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.