Friday, January 23, 2015

Girls Lunch || My Current Favorite Salad

My college roommate and I have been besties since, well, the first day of freshman year eleven years ago(?!?!!).  After my mom finished wiping the mattress with Clorox wipes (we still laugh at that) and we set up our dorm room, dubbed "The Tiki Room", she has been one of my best friends every since! I wish I could see her more often so it's such a treat when we get together.  Our babies are 6 months apart and clearly best friends as well.  Between my two roommates and my sister and I, we had four babies within six months of each other! Babies galore!  During our visit, the girls played and we got to catch up between toddler wrangling. For lunch, we had a strawberry almond spinach salad, broccoli cheddar quiche and chocolate croissants.  We also snacked on fruit and amazing Tate's cookies.  


The girls played so nice with each other and it made me and Olivia so happy that they were here with us!  Our KidKraft vintage kitchen was a huge hit! I mean can you stand the cuteness...


Back to lunch, the croissants were from Williams Sonoma (thanks Aunt Jenn!) and they were amazing.   As in a don't-talk-to-me-go-play-these-are-amazing type of way.  Kidding. Sort of ;)  The quiche was super quick to throw together and my sister made the salad.  This salad is my current favorite.


It consists of baby spinach, fresh strawberries, honey almond slices, gorgonzola cheese and Vidalia onion vinaigrette.  It may seem like a weird combination, but it is super yummy and a great switch up from regular salad.  Overall, we had such a great visit and I can't wait to get together again!  Aren't girls lunches so fun?  I think playdates are sometimes more for me than Olivia;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Lol! One can never be too careful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.