Saturday, September 20, 2014

Keepin' It Real

Hi friends! Hope all of you are enjoying this beautiful fall weather.  It's been so nice here lately and we've certainly been enjoying cooler mornings, crockpot meals, and pumpkin pecan waffle candles burning all day long!

This past week has had it's ups and downs with busy schedules, a cranky/happy toddler and just every day life getting in the way.  I've decided to share our night with you, simply to keep it real.

Last night, I made a simple turkey meatloaf with kale and sweet potatoes (mixed in for added veggies), sauteed asparagus and roasted red potatoes.

(Plate set from Re-Play, amazing quality)

Normally, Olivia will always try different things and if she doesn't like it, she does the baby-spit-out-food thing.  She's a great eater most of the time...picks veggies over meat, loves fruit, yogurt, etc.  Then there are times where she eats a cheese stick.  Literally, a cheese stick for dinner.  Keepin' it real.  Last night, she was a hot mess of over-tired-hungry-toddler.




She was to the point of crying but not knowing what she wanted.  Of course I'm not normally snapping away pictures of my child crying, but sometimes I think it's refreshing to see real life, everyday happenings.  Sometimes, you just need some dinner, a cereal cup, two bibs, and a milk cup and it'll all be okay.  


Life with toddlers is hard, and messy, and rewarding all at the same time.  I find it refreshing to read other mom's stories and know I'm not alone.  I mean, we've all fed our child deli turkey out of a sandwich bag while racing around Target right?! That happened.  That was me.  My child was the one eating handfuls of turkey while in the Nate Berkus aisle of Target.  Keepin' it real.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.