Sunday, December 30, 2012

21 Weeks - Gender Reveal!

It has been a great couple of weeks around here!  Hope you all had a merry Christmas & great holiday! We had our fetal anatomy sonogram on the Wednesday before Christmas and it was so exciting to see the baby and how big the baby had grown.  We wanted to be completely surprised so the sonogram tech made us close our eyes as she looked to determine the baby's gender.  We chose to do a gender reveal party for our families and friends and decided that we also wanted to be surprised and find out at the same time as everyone else.  A few weeks ago, I arranged for a cake to be made from our favorite bakery and on the day of the sonogram the inside of the cake would be determined.  Our sonogram tech was so sweet and offered to call the bakery herself to tell them pink or blue once we left our appointment!  She also wrote the baby's gender down on an index card I had decorated and brought with me - she sealed it with "confidential do not open until tonight!!!"  I think she was just as excited as we were!  The drive home and waiting all day long with anticipation was killing me!  My hubby arrived later that night with the cake in hand and it was exactly how I had pictured it in my head.  The bakery did just a wonderful job! Once our family and friends arrived it was time for the big reveal...

*Inspired by Pinterest...clearly perfect for The Birds Nest*
Earlier, I swore the sonogram tech had said "he" once so after that I was convinced it was a boy.  The entire pregnancy so far I had a "girl feeling,"  but soon started to doubt myself when so many friends had voted boy! My mom and dad thought from the beginning that it was a girl, but most voted boy.  As we went around the room and videotaped everyone's guesses, I started to get so nervous!  This would determine everything from then on...as my mom pointed out it was determined about 20 weeks ago but whatever:)...as we were just about to cut the cake I made sure to tell my hubby not to press harder than me!!  So without further anticipation...it's a...

GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!  I cannot tell you how excited I was when I saw the pink!!  I was convinced it would be blue after the sonogram.  I couldn't believe it!! Definitely one of the best moments of my life, knowing that we would have our own little girl! Don't get me wrong, I would be so happy with a little boy and contrary to some peoples beliefs I would be just as excited for a boy.  But a girl...yes!!!! We've had a named picked out since basically before we were even married.  I've dreamed of her nursery and cannot wait to dress her up with headbands and tutus and glittery shoes!! I'm so happy to be able to share the pictures with you...the video was too big to upload so I'll figure that out soon.  Hope you enjoyed our gender reveal story and hope to inspire some of you to be surprised in a special way! 

*Chalkboard reads: Baby Bird is a Girl*
Happy New Year!!!


1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.